Sunday 15 January 2012

The Youth Olympics so far.

I am currently at the first ever Youth Olympics in Innsbruck, when we arrived at the YOG village we got told who are room mates were and me and Tyler Harding (freestyle skier) got put in a room together with another Lewis (ice hockey)! we were so stocked!!! :D In our room the duvets were Team GB duvets and we got Team GB pillows with or names on them there so sick!!!
I have been having so much fun meeting lots of new people!! It is a really mad experience, the village is for over 1000 athletes all aged 15-18 years old, and just like being at the real Olympics, security and having to hide your sponsors etc is so strange, but amazing fun... haha

I have been riding the halfpipe in kuhtai for a couple of days which was so sick had so much fun, then it was qualies and i made it to the semi finals which was amazing, in the semis i fell on one of the easyest tricks in the book a cab 3 :( fail, oh well it happens.


The finals in pipe were sick with the American Ben Ferguson going massive and doing a double crippler, and cleaning up!!

I have now started training for the slopestyle event, we qualies on thursday, ill try my best to make the finals in that!!! :) The course setup is cool.

I plan to get to a few of the other events and support my fellow Team GB atheltes, in Bobsleigh, Curling, Ice Hockey, Ice Skating. Innsbruck is a great location and an amazing experince for me and i still have nearly a week left!!

No comments:

Post a Comment